Dr. Mich was a social scientist for sixteen years with World Vision International, which works to alleviate poverty and injustice, particularly for children, through community development. He has done field work in Poland about agrarian beliefs, on Yucuna mythology and cosmology in the Amazon (Colombia), and more recently on the experiences of the Latino immigrants in the USA.
Also, in Colombia, Dr. Mich implemented an educational project for indigenous youth, and he has lectured in Belgium, Colombia and at George Washington University as well as other educational institutions and colleges in the Washington, D.C. area.
His current interests are globalization and the anthropology of development. Dr. Mich published and conducted training on cultural sensitivity as it relates to development projects operated by NGOs. For the last sixteen years he implemented workshops about culture and development in more than forty five countries. View CV
- Anth. 101 Cultures in a Global Society
- Anth. 136 Magic Witchcraft and Religion
- Anth. 200 Core Perspectives in Anthropology. Anthropological Theory
- Anth. 201. Field Methods and Conduct in Anthropology
- Anth. 217 Refugees - Immigrants - Homeless
- Anth. 355 Latinos and Latinas in USA
- Anth. 371 Latin America. Anthropological Perspectives.
- Anth. 507 Applied Anthropology
- Anth. 507 Applied Anthropology in the Ministry
“Latin Women Organizers in Faith based Communities in West Virginia and Maryland” In: Latinas Crossing Borders and Building Communities in Greater Washington. Applying Anthropology in Multicultural Neighborhoods. Edited by Raul Sanchez and Lucy Cohen. Lexitgton Books, 2016, pp.109-123.
“Scientific and Mythological Ways of Knowing." In Anthropology. Ways of knowing in Myth and Science. VDM Verlag Dr.Muller, Germany. 2011
“The Yurupari Complex of the Yucuna Indians. The Yurupari Rite.” Anthropos89:39-49. 1994
“The Yurupari Complex of the Yucuna Indians. The Yurupari Myth.” Anthropos90:487-496. 1995.
“Initiation Into the Amazon." In Yucuna Yurupari Myth and Ritual. VDM Verlag Dr.Muller, Germany. 2012